Friday, April 22, 2011

For the final time...Goodnight from St. Catharines

Readers;

On April 20 I handed in my final assignment for Sport Management and completed my course work at Brock University. After two days of careful thought here is my farewell to the city of St. Catharines:

For the past three years I have been attending Brock University for the Sport Management program, and as I take a break from cleaning out my room for the final time, I want to share some thoughts.

First off when I go home to fine fine town of Ancaster, ON, I often tell people that I have met some of the finest and smartest people in the world at Brock, and that speaks directly to the class of 2012-Sport Management. I want to thank the professors for their inspiring classes and their time. Especially Dr. Hyatt, Dr. Bradish, Dr. Chard, Dr. Spence, Dr. Mallen, Dr. McLean, Dr. Findlay, Dr. Stevens, Dr. Cousens, Dr. Kikulis and Scott McRoberts, this collection of professors are the ones I have had in my classes for the past three years and have been wonderful. I love their drop in whenever policy and chances are they will be able to help you (Dr. Hyatt especially who goes out of his way to help all Sport Management students). Also Charlene McLellan who is the best administrative assistant in the school and Stephanie Brooks who is the BEST academic adviser in the school and arguably the country.

Next the students who are currently finishing 3rd year, I am pleased to call you all friends and one day co-workers, as you as the collective are some the finest and smartest people I know. As well to the current graduating class, for welcoming me more than halfway into your education and making me feel a part of your year. It is something very difficult to do.

Also the staff at Recreation Services (Intramurals), who I call co-workers and friends, hopefully someone will replace Sean Mathe and myself as the Statler and Waldorf of the office next year, but you are all wonderful and have inspired many debates about college basketball. And to the boss Adam Byslma who allowed me to spread my wings while writing the soccer baseball rules (I hope that they work next year buddy).

The athletic department's sports information and marketing guru Shawn Whitely who does more for Athletics than anyone else and desperately needs about 3 more people to help him do his job. Without Shawn I would not have been the play by play voice of the Men's Hockey and Basketball team. Thank you sir.

Murray Nystrom, Men's Hockey Coach, thank you for your time and effort with the broadcasts and interviews. And of course the same of the OUA West coaches, but especially, the broadcasts favourite opposing coach Shawn Camp of Guelph.

Matt Prefontaine, Derek Sigsworth, Steven Lapointe, Chris Muldoon and Larry Miller are the wonderful people who spent their time with myself working on broadcasts for Hockey and Basketball, thank you for your efforts and input they were greatly appreciated.

Jared Wall- the person who has easily done the most for Brock Baseball and helped me this year with my work for the Baseball team.

Coach Jeff Lounsbury thank you for your efforts with the baseball team, he might be the finest recruiter in the OUA.

The past three years I have changed for the better, and it is not without some sadness that I say for the final time, Goodnight from St. Catharines.

No comments:

Post a Comment